One of my favourite slice recipes. I’ve successfully subbed the honey for Rice Malt Syrup (RMS), shared with friends and every time, this is a success. I choose to flavour mine with doterra Peppermint oil, and absolutely love the taste. You should really give it a go.
Thankyou Bianca @ wholefoodsimply.com – you’re a champion who provides me with delicious recipes that I can enjoy and share. This slice is delicious!
Quick and Easy Peppermint Slice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon natural peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin.
- To make the middle layer add the cashew butter, honey, coconut oil and coconut cream to your processor and blend until smooth and well combined. Add the extract and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over your base and place the slice into the fridge or freezer to set. Once the middle layer has set make the chocolate for the top.
- To make the chocolate topping mix the ingredients until they are well combined and spread the mixture evenly over your slice. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
- I place the slice into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing. Once sliced this can be stored and served straight from the fridge or freezer, it will not be stable at room temperature.
- When making the chocolate topping ensure the coconut oil is not heated, you may even find it helpful to add the oil once tablespoon at a time.